With over 15,000 living medical alumni, the Medical Alumni Affairs office works to engage MD, Resident, and Fellow graduates in the life of the college. Each MD, resident, and fellow alumnus is a member of the Medical Alumni Society and is invited to participate in events, programs, and communications supporting the college. Alumni involvement and philanthropy is critical to upholding the College's reputation and preparing for the next generation of physicians.
The Medical Alumni Society Board of Governors is a voluntary advisory group of alumni physicians from across the country. The Board helps to support the mission of the OSU College of Medicine Alumni Affairs office in creating long lasting mutually beneficial relationships to advance the College of Medicine and Medical Center by connecting alumni with students, the College and friends of the college. In this role, alumni volunteers are asked to:
If you are interested in getting involved with our alumni programs or serving on the board, please email email@example.com for more information.
- Board Meeting Attendance: Required attendance at alumni board meetings. These meetings are held twice a year, once in the fall during Homecoming/Reunion weekend and once in the spring.
- Board Involvement: Required participation on a board committee and/or working group to assist with special projects as it relates to student and alumni engagement. Provide perspective on alumni engagement and philanthropic strategies.
- Reunion Weekend Participation: Participation in reunion weekend is expected and members are encouraged to attend the Friday night event, Saturday tailgate event, and fall board meeting with options to volunteer/host at any of the weekend events.
- Alumni & Student Event Participation: Participate in at least one alumni or one student event in their respective city annually
- Encourage alumni & student engagement: Expected to encourage engagement of alumni and students using their personal and professional networks. Actively connect alumni and students through College of Medicine events and communications.
- Building the reputation: Serve as ambassadors to the College of Medicine, sharing stories of impact, growth, and success; engaging with the Medical Alumni Society through social media and other communication
- Philanthropic support: Support the College of Medicine by donating to a COM fund