The Ohio State University SUCCESS Program
Summer Undergraduate Course
Creating Excellence in Scientific Study
May 30, 2015 - August 1, 2015
The SUCCESS Program will enable students to participate in a 9-week, fully-funded, enriching research experience hosted by the Medical Scientist Training Program. While taking part in this program, students will take valuable professional development courses and learn from engaged mentors; all while working in state-of-the-art research facilities.
The SUCCESS program seeks to identify outstanding students interested in the biomedical sciences with the goal of pursuing graduate education (MD/PhD or PhD). The program seeks to enhance and foster diversity in graduate study in the biomedical and biological sciences as reflected in culture, class, race, ethnicity, background, work, and life experiences. The program especially encourages applications from African Americans, Hispanic/Latino Americans, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, and others whose backgrounds and experiences would bring diversity to the field.
- Laboratory Research
- Interaction with PhD & MSTP Students
- Professional Development/Ethics Training
- Includes Housing, Travel Allowance and a $3,800 stipend!
- Student's Parents invited to attend the Closing Ceremony
- Expected College Graduation date in 2016 or 2017
- Enrolled in a U.S. 4-year undergraduate institution
- An American citizen or permanent resident
- Non OSU Student
- Summer 2015 Application will be available online starting October 7, 2014 - January 23, 2015
- Before clicking on the online application link please prepare the following items:
- Prepare a list of previous research experiences, including the
PI's name, Location, Dates, Project title and description. Please limit your
response to 250 words per project. You will use this list to complete a portion
of the application.
- Essay: Limit to 300-500 words. Please write a personal statement
detailing why you would like to participate in The Ohio State University
SUCCESS Program and how it is related to your career goals. Include any prior
training or research experience relevant to the program and your goals.
- For 2-3 references please include contact information (name, email,
phone number). Please remind your references that their letters will need to be on official letter head.
- Please visit the SUCCESS Faculty tab (located on the left side of this web page) to identify 3-4 faculty members with whom you would
like to work with.
- Mail Transcripts: Graves Hall, 1072 | 333 W. 10th Ave. | Columbus, OH 43210
- CLICK HERE TO START THE APPLICATION