Available for Continuing Education Credit
Twelve Independent Study Modules
To register, go to healthliteracy.osu.edu
- Health Literacy: It’s Time To Take It Seriously! is the core module
- The next four modules provide training on assessing a person’s ability to read and understand health information; clear and effective health communication; effective verbal and written communication with those from other cultures; and the effects of aging on health literacy
- Three modules provide training on writing or selecting effective health materials
- These are three modules on improving patient adherence through engagement strategies
- The last module focuses on meeting the challenge of low health literacy in an organization
One-time processing fee of $20 applies with nominal fee per module
(Fee waived for OSU faculty, staff, and students)
These modules are appropriate for physicians, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators and all practitioners providing direct or indirect health care.
The Ohio State University AHEC Clear Health Communication Program, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, College of Medicine offers comprehensive professional development and continuing education in the field of health literacy. The program was developed by Sandra Cornett, BSN, MS, Ph.D., RN, former director of the program and a national speaker on health literacy issues. Dr. Cornett, the planner, content specialist, and feedback provider of these modules, has no conflict of interest to disclose. Lorraine Wallace, Ph.D., the current director of the program was on the planning committee The committee planners have no conflict of interest to disclose. There was no commercial support or sponsorship for the development of this program.