What are you looking for?
How COVID-19 has impacted College of Medicine MD Program
Temporary Building Closures
Meiling Hall, along with all other medical school academic buildings and libraries, are closed. All library services will be provided virtually. For information about dining services on campus, visit University Dining.
Classes and Activities
- All university face-to-face classes, including College of Medicine - Suspended until 3/29/2020
- Beginning Monday, March 23, instruction will be virtual for the remainder of Spring semester. Further resources are available at Ohio State Keep Learning.
2021 Admissions Cycle Updates
We understand the stress and uncertainty the recent changes to curriculum and cancellation of MCAT test dates has caused. We continue to monitor information and guidance about the coronavirus from the CDC and WHO and how it impacts AAMC operations. We will provide updates on our website as needed.
Please note the following information regarding coursework, labs, letters of evaluation, MCAT and deadlines:
- Pass/Fail Coursework – Pass/Fail will be allowed for all coursework taken during the Spring 2020 term, including pre-requisites.
- Online Coursework and Labs – Online labs will be accepted for the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 term.
- Letters of Evaluation – The requirement for a letter of recommendation from the instructor of a graded science course has been changed for the Spring 2020 term. A letter of recommendation from the instructor of a science course taken pass/fail in the Spring 2020 term is acceptable.
- MCAT - We will accept applications from individuals who have been unable to take the MCAT. For these candidates, we will base application decisions on the information that is available to us at the time of the application. However, a valid MCAT score is required for admission decisions at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. For the 2021 application cycle, a valid minimum MCAT score is not required to receive a Secondary application so long as there is evidence within the application (i.e. intended MCAT date) that a student intends to take the MCAT. All applicants planning to take the MCAT should list an MCAT Intended Date in the AMCAS application. Applicants should not delay applying because an MCAT score is not yet available.
- Deadlines - The deadline to request a Secondary Application has been extended to 11/15/2020. The deadline to complete the Secondary Application has been extended to 12/31/20.
Pass/ No Pass Policies
Anatomy Graduate Program
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
Biomedical Science Undergraduate Major