How COVID-19 has impacted College of Medicine MD Program
Classes and Activities
- First and Second-Year medical students, along with research students, have hybrid learning with a mix of in-person experiential learning/labs/clinicals and online instruction.
- Third and Fourth-Year medical students are in clinical rotations.
- Students will need to follow appropriate safety precautions including daily temperature checks. Speak with your program director for details.
- No student will be involved in the care of patients with COVID-19
2022 Cycle Information
We understand students were affected academically over the past year. Many schools allowed or mandated pass/fail coursework for the Spring 2020 term and beyond. Within our application, we have added an optional essay prompt to allow elaboration if you have taken pre-requisite courses pass/fail or online after Spring 2020 so we can better understand your situation. It is our aim to remain considerate of the hardships that may exist yet remain true to our mission. This information may be updated periodically.
Please note the following information regarding interviews, coursework, labs, letters of evaluation, MCAT, essays, and deadlines:
- Interviews – For the 2022 Interview Cycle, all interviews will be virtual. There are plans to offer tours of the medical campus periodically for accepted students. This will depend on university and state guidelines.
- Pass/Fail Coursework – Pass/Fail will be allowed for all coursework taken during the Spring 2020 term, including pre-requisites.
- Online Coursework and Labs – Online labs will be accepted for the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 term.
- Letters of Evaluation – The requirement for a letter of recommendation from the instructor of a graded science course has been changed for the Spring 2020 term. A letter of recommendation from the instructor of a science course taken pass/fail in the Spring 2020 term is acceptable.
- MCAT - A valid MCAT score is required to receive a secondary at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. For the current application cycle, the MCAT testing date must be between 1/1/2018 and 9/30/2021.
- Deadlines - The deadline to request a Secondary Application is 11/1/2021. The deadline to complete the Secondary Application is 12/15/21.
We understand students were affected academically over the past year. Many schools allowed or mandated pass/fail coursework for the Spring 2020 term and beyond. We may add an optional essay prompt to allow elaboration if you have taken pre-requisite courses pass/fail or online after Spring 2020 so we can better understand your situation.