Mentorship- it’s the “M” in FAME, so you know we’re serious about its benefit on career development. FAME coordinates a network of departmental mentoring leads whose role is to help faculty identify potential mentors and assist with career planning.
The goal of the mentoring program is to provide accessible and meaningful engagement between an experienced faculty member and a junior colleague for the purposes of career development and advancement, fostered by the spirit of collegiality.
Each year in October, we feature our distinguished mentor awardees, host several programs about mentoring and feature additional mentoring resources, videos and communications. We also offer other programs each year to provide career development, guidance and advice. For current programs, see the FAME catalog and calendar.
FAME Mentorship Committee
- David Bahner, MD, Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Tatiana Oberyszyn, PhD, Professor of Pathology
- Diane Gorgas, MD, Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Bhuvaneswari Ramaswamy, MD, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- Philip Binkley, MD, MPH, Director, Center for FAME, Professor of Internal Medicine
- Debbie Pond, Program Manager, Center for FAME
- Emma Tippett, Program Coordinator, Center for FAME