Mentorship- it’s the “M” in FAME, so you know we’re serious about its benefit on career development. FAME coordinates a network of departmental mentoring leads whose role is to help faculty identify potential mentors and assist with career planning.
The goal of the mentoring program is to provide accessible and meaningful engagement between an experienced faculty member and a junior colleague for the purposes of career development and advancement, fostered by the spirit of collegiality.
Each year in October, we feature our distinguished mentor awardees, host several programs about mentoring and feature additional mentoring resources, videos and communications. We also offer other programs each year to provide career development, guidance and advice. For current programs, see the FAME catalog and calendar.
FAME Mentorship Committee
- Kim Tartaglia, MD, FAME Director for Mentorship
- David Bahner, MD, Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Don Benson, MD, PhD, Professor of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology
- John Bridges, PhD, Professor of Biomedical Informatics
- Xiaodong Chen, PhD, MS, Research Assistant Professor of Surgery
- David Eckmann, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology
- Tatiana Oberyszyn, PhD, Professor of Pathology
- Mitva Patel, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiology
- Bhuvaneswari Ramaswamy, MD, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology
- John Christopher Trinidad, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology
- Philip Binkley, MD, MPH, Director, Center for FAME, Professor of Internal Medicine
- Debbie Pond, Program Manager, Center for FAME
- Emma Tippett, Program Coordinator, Center for FAME