Faculty members can utilize the resources of FAME at every stage of career development. Whether you are a clinician, educator, researcher, leader or some combination thereof, FAME has programming to foster your success. We provide unique opportunities for women and minority faculty who are underrepresented in academic medicine and in leadership.
We utilize needs assessments, survey data and extensive situational analyses to create programming that is useful for your personal and professional development. Additionally, FAME partners with other units in our college and university to bring career development to all faculty members.
To promote success of our research faculty through programs designed to help garner extramural funding and perform cutting-edge research through cross-disciplinary collaborations. We aim to teach, inspire and help our faculty to set goals for achievement in life and in their career here at OSU.
FAME offers programs on grant writing, help with your labs, promotes your reputation and inspires with faculty profiles from some of our best faculty. For current programs, see the FAME catalog and calendar.
FAME Research Committee
- Susheela Tridandapani, PhD, FAME Director for Research, Professor of Internal Medicine
- Naduparambil Jacob, PhD, Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Stuart Hobbs, PhD, MBA, Associate Director for the Center of Clinical & Translational Science (CCTS)
- Bethany Mundy-Bosse, PhD, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Xia Ning, PhD, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics
- Anasuya Sarkar, PhD, Assistant Professor of Physiology and Cell Biology
- Sakima Smith, MD, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- Daniel Walker, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
- Philip Binkley, MD, MPH, Director, Center for FAME; Professor of Internal Medicine
- Debbie Pond, Program Manager, Center for FAME
- Emma Tippett, Program Coordinator, Center for FAME
Past events for researchers include
- Faculty profiles
- Grant writing workshops
- Setting up a Lab
- How to Enhance your National and International Reputation
- Advancing your Career on the Tenure Track
- How to Survive in a Lean Funding Climate