OSU Center for Integrative Medicine
2000 Kenny Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Outpatient Care Upper Arlington
1800 Zollinger Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Dr. Selim Sheikh is a board-certified family physician. He completed his family medicine residency at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in religious studies from Rice University, a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and a Master of Business Administration from West Texas A&M University. Outside of medicine, Dr. Sheikh enjoys spending time with family, cooking, reading, hiking, and self-educating on Renaissance and Reformation history.
Research, Education and Clinical Interests
Dr. Sheikh is passionate about partnering with his patients in preventing chronic disease, utilizing non-pharmacologic approaches to optimizing health and well-being, and empowering his patients to take charge of their own health. Through his family medicine training with a focus in osteopathic manipulative medicine and integrative medicine, he provides patients with a broad array of treatment modalities including osteopathic manipulative treatment, needling, and mind-body practices.
Education and Training
DO: William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine
MBA: West Texas A&M University
Residency: The Ohio State University
- Sheikh S, Pannu A. Monitoring glycemic control in a patient with diabetes mellitus and hemoglobinopathy: utility of fructosamine. American Academy of Family Physicians Family Medicine Experience. Philadelphia, PA. 2019.
- Sheikh S, Knapke M, Fosselman D, Nogan E, Sommer A, Briggs M, Miser W. Impact of a referral-based exercise program on symptoms of depression and quality of life factors in patient participants in a tertiary medical center. American Academy of Family Physicians Family Medicine Experience. New Orleans, LA. 2018.
- Sheikh S.140 years of evolution: a glance through the history of osteopathic medicine in the United States. Southern Association for the History of Medicine and Science 17th Annual Conference. Jackson, MS. 2015.
Awards and Honors
- Community Service Award, Department of Family and Community Medicine Residency Program, 2019
- Family Medicine Resident Award for Advocacy, Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, 2018 and 2019
- Organizational Leadership Award, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 2018
- Dean’s Award, William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2016
- Student D.O. of the Year, William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2015
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- Central Ohio Academy of Family Physicians