Katherine J. Deans, MD, MHSc, is an Associate Professor of Surgery at The Ohio State University, the Co-founder and Director of the Center for Surgical Outcomes Research at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio and a practicing pediatric surgeon.
Dr. Deans has created a centralized resource for the Department of Surgery at Nationwide Children's that provides support for the development, implementation, analysis, and reporting of clinical research within the 10 pediatric surgical subspecialties represented within the institution. Portions of her research have been funded by the AHRQ, NIH, and PCORI. Her primary academic interests highlight the importance of patient and family input in the design and execution of clinical trials.
- MD: Dartmouth College
- Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship: National Institute of Health
- Fellowship: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Clinical trials that test interventions for improving patient centered outcomes