Ohio State Navbar

Sign In

Archives

November 2018 (1)
August 2018 (1)
June 2018 (1)
May 2018 (1)
February 2018 (1)
December 2017 (1)
August 2017 (4)
July 2017 (4)
June 2017 (6)
May 2017 (1)
March 2017 (6)
January 2017 (1)
December 2016 (1)
November 2016 (3)
October 2016 (3)
September 2016 (1)
August 2016 (4)
July 2016 (5)
June 2016 (9)
May 2016 (8)
March 2016 (2)
February 2016 (4)
December 2015 (4)
November 2015 (3)
October 2015 (2)
September 2015 (4)
July 2015 (7)
June 2015 (3)
May 2015 (7)
April 2015 (3)
March 2015 (2)
February 2015 (2)
January 2015 (2)
December 2014 (3)
November 2014 (8)
October 2014 (7)
September 2014 (3)
August 2014 (7)
July 2014 (4)
June 2014 (3)
May 2014 (1)
April 2014 (3)
March 2014 (6)
February 2014 (4)
January 2014 (1)
December 2013 (6)
November 2013 (4)
October 2013 (1)
September 2013 (1)
August 2013 (9)
July 2013 (1)
June 2013 (9)
May 2013 (14)
April 2013 (13)
March 2013 (9)
February 2013 (8)
January 2013 (6)
December 2012 (7)
November 2012 (7)
October 2012 (9)
September 2012 (6)
August 2012 (12)
July 2012 (6)
June 2012 (8)
May 2012 (14)
April 2012 (7)
March 2012 (4)
February 2012 (11)
January 2012 (8)
December 2011 (5)
November 2011 (7)
October 2011 (9)
September 2011 (5)
August 2011 (3)
July 2011 (8)
June 2011 (1)
May 2011 (10)
April 2011 (4)
March 2011 (5)
February 2011 (9)
January 2011 (2)
December 2010 (2)
November 2010 (3)
September 2010 (4)
August 2010 (6)
July 2010 (6)
June 2010 (6)
May 2010 (1)
April 2010 (3)
February 2010 (3)
January 2010 (2)
December 2009 (3)
September 2009 (6)
August 2009 (1)
July 2009 (2)

Categories


RSS Feed College of Medicine News


Welcome Class of 2022! 

 

​The Ohio State University College of Medicine welcomed first-year medical students during its 72nd White Coat Ceremony. It is a convocation that commemorates their official entrance into the medical profession and kicks off a week of orientation activities. Students were joined by their families and greeted by the College of Medicine deans as they put on their white coats. Dean K. Craig Kent, MD, reflected on his personal experiences of transitioning from “pre-med” to “med” and reminded the new medical students that they are about to embark on one of the most amazing journeys of their lives.


This year’s entering class of 2022 consists of 202 students who were chosen out of 7,226 applicants. The average cumulative undergraduate grade point average is 3.74, while the average Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) composite score is 514 (90th percentile). 


Of the incoming students, 53 percent hail from Ohio, while 47 percent represent states around the country. Women account for 52 percent of this class, while men account for the remaining 48 percent. Twenty-four percent of the new entrants are underrepresented in medicine minorities.


Quinn Capers, MD, associate dean for admissions at the College of Medicine, remarks, “This year’s entering class makes 5 years in a row in which women outnumber men in our entering class. This is not an accident.” The representation of women in this year’s class profile is consistent across all medical schools. In 2017, women outnumbered men in their entering class for the first time in U.S. history.


Also included in this year’s class were 10 members of the Medical Scientist Training Program, two who have chosen the newly-created 3-Year Primary Care Track and 15 who are entering medical school through the MEDPATH program, designed to help underserved students who are determined to give back to their communities.


Learn more about the incoming class of 2022 here. ​

 

Posted on 30-Aug-18 by Jarvis, Blake
Tags: Admissions, Education, Student Life
 
Trackback Url  |  Link to this post | Bookmark this post with: