We offer 14 postgraduate first-year positions annually. Application to The Ohio State University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health is done through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS); please contact your medical school for instructions about the process.
- Invited applicants may generally schedule an interview on Mondays or Fridays, with the day beginning at 8 a.m. and concluding in the early afternoon.
- Interviewees are encouraged to attend dinner with current residents the evening beforehand.
- The interview day includes meeting faculty members, the program director and residents, as well as lunch with a group of residents and a tour of our psychiatric facilities.
- Please let us know if you are interested in a particular aspect of psychiatry; we will make efforts to coordinate interviews with faculty members in that area of specialization.
- International applicants must have passed USMLE Step II CS exam, J-1 visa eligibility, ECFMG certification and completed medical school within one year of applying to be considered.