Connecting you with the care you need
Many patients need extended health care services — at home or in a specialized care setting — after a hospital stay or on the advice of their family health care provider. If you or a loved one is in this situation, you know it’s a daunting task trying to find the best service providers for your circumstances from the hundreds of options available.
You may already have service providers in mind. Our care coordinators and health care providers will honor those choices and help you smoothly connect to them. You may also find it reassuring to know that we have a full complement of high-quality home-based and post-acute care services available to The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center patients.
Some services are provided by Ohio State Wexner Medical Center staff; some by carefully selected partners who meet our high standards. In all cases, you’ll experience smooth transfers, outstanding care, information sharing among your care teams and timely reports back to your designated health care providers.
From questions about insurance to when you need a referral, we know there are a lot of questions you have about how to access our home-care services. View answers to the most common questions on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
We call this coordinated care, and it’s our promise to you, especially if you’re dealing with a complex health situation. See our full list of services below:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation – Intensive physical, occupational and speech therapies to help patients regain abilities lost from trauma, stroke, extended illness, injury or disease.
- Skilled Nursing – Partner facilities in many Ohio communities meet high standards of patient care as members of Ohio State’s Quality Provider Network.
- Long-Term Acute Care – A specialized care center within Ohio State’s East Hospital helps critically ill patients regain skills to live as independently as possible.
- Hospice – Home-based or inpatient hospital services for end-of-life care of terminally ill patients and their families.
- Home Care – Skilled nursing, medical social services, home health aides and in-home physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Advanced Immediate Home Care – Urgent (non-emergency) same-day home visits, including wound care.
- Bridge Care – Medical visits within 72 hours of hospital discharge to help you recover at home and avoid returning to the hospital.
- Home Medical Equipment – Respiratory equipment, walkers, adjustable beds, wheelchairs, orthotics and other supplies delivered to your home.
- Infusion Therapy – In-home infusion therapy for an acute or chronic condition.
- Telehealth – Connect with Ohio State experts by digital device or phone for check-ups and non-urgent injuries and illnesses.
- COVID-19 Care at Home – Testing, transportation to vaccination appointments and symptom management.