For those early in transition, we believe the transition process is a wonderful opportunity to transform overall health. As clinical faculty at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, we also believe it is vitally important to teach the next generation of medical professionals how to create affirming/empowering relationships with their patients and to provide high quality care to the transgender community in any setting where they choose to practice in the future.
We offer the following services:
- Primary care, including assistance with meeting your goals to achieve a healthy lifestyle
- STI testing
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), for individuals at high risk for contracting HIV
- Hormone replacement therapy using an informed consent model
- Referrals for gender affirming surgery
- Care for depression, anxiety and other conditions affecting your emotional health
- Cancer screenings including pap smears, referrals for mammograms, colonoscopy and other recommended tests
- We practice a team-based model with attending physicians, fellows, residents, students, RNs and medical assistants. It may not always be possible to know ahead of time which team members will see you on a particular day, but patients typically get to know many of us.
- We accept referrals (including self-referrals) for patients ages 18 and up.
- We ask that ALL our patients stop smoking prior to starting hormones. We have tools and resources to help you be successful.