Ohio State Advanced Immediate Care at East Hospital provides convenient, walk-in health care for common conditions as well as serious, non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries — no appointment needed.
Advanced Immediate Care is available evenings and weekends.
Entrance is located behind the Emergency Department on the west side of the building. Follow signs for Wound Care and Advanced Immediate Care.
If you are in need of same day immediate care for common illnesses or conditions, you may be able to visit the Same Day Care Center at Outpatient East, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
MyChart users can reserve a spot in line.
Reserving your spot is not an appointment but helps to reduce your wait time upon arrival and notifies the clinical team you are coming. We make every effort possible to see you at your reserved time, but please be advised that medical emergencies may arise.
Conditions treated and services offered include:
- Serious, non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries: cuts and burns; stitches
- Orthopedic injury care, broken bones or dislocations, casting and splints
- Common conditions: colds, flu, COVID-19, sore throat, ear infection, seasonal allergies, bronchitis, sinus infections
- Postoperative problems and concerns
- Suspected blood clots
- Bladder, urinary and kidney infections
- Allergic reactions, skin rashes and infections, insect bites, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea for less than 48 hours
- Abdominal pain, hydration infusions (for migraine, excessive vomiting, severe diarrhea)
- Sexual health concerns (infections, gynecological-related symptoms)
- School/Camp/Sports physicals
- Work-related Injuries
- Medication refills (does not include controlled substances)
- Non-severe chest pain or shortness of breath
- Palpitations or passing out
- Non-severe dizziness, lightheadedness or vertigo
Patients must be 14 years or older to be seen at this location. We accept most insurances. A specialist copay will be collected, and coinsurance may be applicable if testing is required.
Learn more about our other immediate care treatment options.
Directions and maps
Download maps and guides
- Monday: 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Due to COVID-19 we're allowing limited visitation at all Ohio State health care locations.
Parking at East Hospital is free. Advanced Immediate Care East Hospital will operate out of Wound Care located behind the Emergency Department on the west side of the building during evenings and weekends. There is free parking in a surface lot just outside of this entrance.