The staff of Ohio State's Comprehensive Wound Center is committed to identifying the cause of your non-healing wound and developing a treatment plan that is specifically personalized for you. We are a national leader in wound research and offer the most advanced treatment options available including skin substitutes, negative pressure therapy, hyperbaric and topical oxygen and growth factor therapy. We treat many types of wounds, including but not limited to the following:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Bone infections
- Crush injuries
- Poor circulation
- Late effects of radiation
The Comprehensive Wound Center also houses Ohio State’s Limb Preservation Program, combining wound healing expertise and the most advanced techniques to avoid amputation and save limbs. Services offered include testing, treatments and follow-up care for patients with limb-threatening conditions such as diabetic foot ulcers, advanced peripheral artery disease, acute infections and deformities.
Learn more about Ohio State's wound care.
Directions and maps
Download maps and guides
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
All parking at East Hospital is free. The Comprehensive Wound Center is on the west side of the building, near the Emergency Department. Parking is on the west side.
Patients and visitors
More for our patients and visitors
- ATMs near Bistro O-H!
Visitor food services
- Bistro O-H! Ground level of the Tower building. Weekdays 6:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and weekends/holidays 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Nearby vending area with microwave and café seating always available.
- Skyward Concessions and food trucks and carts: Outside main entrance. Mobile cart with hot sandwiches, including gyros and bratwurst, chips, snacks and beverages. Weekdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. weather permitting.
- Nearby restaurants: Ask at information desks in our hospital lobbies for directions to nearby restaurants.
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Snacks, soft drinks.
- Vending machines: Available 24 hours a day. Snacks, beverages, some entrees. Change machines provided in some areas.
Gift shops (closed holidays)
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Offers Buckeye items, personal items, some clothing, cards, flowers, magazines, snacks, drinks. Credit cards and cash accepted. Room deliveries available. East Hospital is located near the lobby at the end of the long glass hallway. Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 614-257-2032.
Sending something to a patient
Fresh flowers, plants, and food are not allowed in the intensive care unit, as these items can be a source of infection. Cards, balloons and silk flowers are encouraged and can be displayed for the patient to see.