Cultivate a training environment that creates opportunities for success and a sense of empowered belonging for everyone
- Recruit candidates who work well in teams and have emotional intelligence.
- A categorical residency that builds relationships from the first day of intern year.
Resident-Faculty Sponsor Program
- Introduced in 2022 to increase sponsorship in the residency program to ensure that each of our residents can access opportunities for success.
- The faculty sponsor: facilitates opportunities, promotes success, boosts your productivity, amplifies your work, increases your visibility, strategies for success, connects you to mentors and others in the field, and if needed, defends your struggles.
Disparities Case Conference
- Once a quarter we use our resident morning report to discuss an anesthetic case of healthcare disparities.
- Previous topics explored: the incarcerated population, discrimination in transplantation, and cultural humility in treating COVID.
- Our intent is to foster open, honest discussion that challenges our individual assumptions and encourages us to consider issues from different viewpoints. This not only fuels our own personal and professional growth, it also helps us meet our patients exactly where they are, so that we can provide the support and services they need for improved health and wellness.
Learn from each other and the community around us
Participate in Columbus Pride, march for Black Lives Matter, advocate at the state house for women’s rights