Our mission is to improve people's lives through research, education, and service in the field of biological chemistry and pharmacology.
- Research united by the goal of identifying molecular mechanisms underlying human health and disease and thereby improving the therapy of diseases like cancer, Alzheimer's, and Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
- Education through biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology, and nutrition curriculum within the medical and allied health programs.
- Service at the local, national, and international levels in relation to professional and scientific societies and committees to engage and promote the advancement of the public good.
Our goals are to:
- Support our researchers, whose findings impact human health.
- Establish a progressive and challenging environment for students in the laboratory and classroom.
- Be leaders in the field of biological chemistry and pharmacology.