The Center for Bioethics is home to a one-year clinical ethics fellowship designed to provide intensive training for individuals seeking to do bedside clinical ethics under expert supervision. Our trainees are exposed to inpatient and outpatient consults and help address policy and other healthcare related issues. The fellowship is competency and practice based, and strives to meet competencies as described by organizations such as the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities as well as the Association of Bioethics Program Directors.
The fellowship is currently focused on future physician leaders in clinical ethics but is open to non-physicians as well. Previous or concurrent advanced training in bioethics through graduate work or the equivalent is encouraged.
- Duration: 12 months, July 1 – June 30.
- Time: The fellowship is designed to be full-time, but part-time options may be considered.
- Applicants: A terminal postgraduate degree is required. MD/DO candidates are given preference, but non-physician applicants may apply. OSU faculty are welcome to apply.
- Compensation: OSU GME PGY-4 rate
- Completion of 3 graduate level Bioethics courses: End of Life Ethics (BIOETHC 7010), Clinical Bioethics (BIOETHC 6020), and Advanced Clinical Bioethics (BIOETHC 7000). The courses are offered in separate semesters and are eligible for tuition assistance benefits.
- Attendance at weekly Ethics Case Conferences, monthly OSUWMC Ethics Committee meetings, and monthly Grand Rounds presentations. Fellows will be given the opportunity to present.
- Routine availability for the Clinical Bioethics Consultation Service.
- Opportunities for scholarship or service projects in bioethics.
2023-2024 Application Cycle
- Applications are due January 10, 2023. Interviews will be held in January 2023.
- The Center is currently unable to support fellows requiring visa sponsorship.
- Please use the link below to apply or send a CV, cover letter, and the names of two references to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Dr. Tim Freeman, 2022-2023 Clinical Bioethics Fellow!
Frequently Asked Questions
Current and Past Fellows