LSI Portfolio Coach
OSU Family Medicine at Healthy New Albany
150 W. Main Street
New Albany, Ohio 43054
I joined The Ohio State University's Department of Family and Community Medicine in November 2014 after having spent my first three years out of residency in private practice with the Licking Memorial Health System. I came back to OSU to be more involved in teaching and to work closer to where I live in New Albany.
I see patients exclusively at the OSU Family Medicine office at Healthy New Albany, but I am also involved with medical student education, especially of third-year medical students during their family medicine clerkship. I serve as the unit director for family medicine in that role, and also help to facilitate third-year students during their small group learning. I am also the lead physician for medical student education here in New Albany.
I have a passion for preventive medicine, especially vaccinations. I have developed community education programs on vaccinations that I have given here in New Albany.
Research and Professional Projects
- Presentation, Diabetes Group Visits, Ohio Family Medicine Symposium on Research and Education, OAFP, March 26, 2011
- Winner – Best of Show: Most Outstanding Patient-Centered Medical Home Research or Education Award
- Student intern, National Committee for Quality Assurance, Diabetes Physician Recognition Program, Ohio State University Primary Care Network, 2007 – 2008
- Research assistant, elucidating the role of tryptase in the pathogenesis of endometrial cancer. Project leader: Jeffrey Bell, MD, Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, summer 2005
Education and Training
Residency: Family Medicine, Riverside Methodist Hospital, 2008-2011
MD: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2004-2008
Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame, 2000-2004
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association