Associate Professor – Clinical
Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2012 Kenny Rd, Columbus Ohio 43221
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Genetic Counselor, American Board of Genetic Counseling, 2005-Present
- Licensed Genetic Counselor, State Medical Board of Ohio, 2013-Present
- Clinical cancer genetics
- Genetic counseling
- Education of healthcare providers and the general public regarding genetics and genetic counseling services
Ms. Shane-Carson’s clinical duties include providing comprehensive cancer genetic consultations to individuals and families with a history of cancer. Cancer genetic consultation requires documentation of cancers in the family, risk assessment, screening recommendations and incorporation of genetic testing as necessary. To schedule an appointment, call 614-293-6694 or toll free at 1-888-329-1654.
Ms. Shane-Carson’s research interests include evaluation of alternative service delivery models, methods of improving patient access to care, and evaluation of methods of providing genetic counseling education to students and providers.
- MS: Genetic counseling, Wayne State University, May 2004
- BS: Biology, Seton Hill College, May 2001
- Secondary education certification: Seton Hill College, May 2001