Dr. Rood is a maternal fetal medicine physician helping patients navigate high-risk pregnancies. She specializes in treating patients with serious conditions like preeclampsia, postpartum hemorrhage and cancer. Dr. Rood diagnoses fetal anomalies like heart and brain defects, and performs amniocentesis to check for genetic abnormalities in the fetus.
She also sees pregnant patients with substance abuse disorders. Dr. Rood serves as the medical director of the Substance Abuse Treatment, Education and Prevention Program (STEPP) as well as of the Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic at McCampbell Outpatient Care at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
- Substance use and misuse during pregnancy
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Medical School: Saba University School of Medicine
- Residency: Yale New Haven Health System
- Fellowship: Maternal Fetal Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Addiction Medicine