The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
College of Medicine
395 W. 12th Ave., 5th Floor
Columbus, OH, 43210
Dr. Misal specializes in providing minimally invasive care in her role as a gynecologic surgeon. She’s passionate about using evidence-based minimally invasive treatment options to improve patient outcomes and reduce recovery time. She’s skilled with robotics, advanced laparoscopy, single-incision surgery and vaginal surgery.
Dr. Misal’s primary research is centered on developing strategies to enhance quality of life for women suffering from endometriosis. She’s also focused on research to advance surgical education and to promote quality improvement in the operating room. In 2021, she was named a Fellow Scholar by the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons.
- Management of chronic pelvic pain
- Surgical management of endometriosis
- Surgical complexity assessment/research methods
- Gynecologic surgery simulation and education
- Medical School: University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Residency: Cedars-Sinai
- Fellowship: Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery and Pelvic Pain, Mayo Clinic Arizona
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Honors and Awards
- Fellow Scholar, Society of Gynecologic Surgeons, 2021