Ihab Halaweish, MD, is a pediatric surgeon at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in the Division of Pediatric Surgery and Center for Colorectal & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery. He is also an assistant professor of Pediatric Surgery at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Dr. Halaweish’s areas of clinical interest include general pediatric surgery, especially advanced minimally invasive surgery, fetal diagnosis and intervention, as well as the care of patients with anorectal malformations, Hirschsprung disease and inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Halaweish serves as associate director of Surgical Education at Nationwide Children's.
He completed his medical education at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio, followed by general surgery residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and pediatric surgery fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.
- MD: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Michigan
- Fellowship: Texas Children’s Hospital
- Increasing utilization of telemedicine in pediatric surgery
- Role of social determinants of health in outcomes of patients with Hirschsprung disease
- Improving outcomes of patients with anorectal malformations