Rajan K. Thakkar, MD, is a pediatric surgeon at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Dr. Thakkar is the trauma medical director as well as the co-director of the Burn Center. Dr. Thakkar is an associate professor of Surgery and Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine and is a principal investigator at the Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences Research at the Abagail Wexner Research Institute of Nationwide Children's Hospital. His research focuses on pediatric thermal injury. Dr. Thakkar attended The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. He completed his general surgery residency at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island and completed his fellowship in Pediatric Surgery at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
- MD: Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency: Rhode Island Hospital
- Fellowship: Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Immune response to critical illness
- Thermal injury
- Systemic and Local Immune Function after Pediatric Thermal Injury; role PI; Grant# 1K08GM124499-01A1