ConferencesThe fellow will participate in the educational activities of the Department of Orthopaedics, specifically:
- Department of Orthopaedics Morbidity and Mortality Conference (monthly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Journal Club (monthly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Quality Conferences (quarterly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Visiting Professor programs (quarterly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Mallory-Coleman Research Day (yearly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Michael J. Patzakis Endowed Lectureship (yearly)
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Tumor Board (weekly)
- Musculoskeletal Tumor Indications Conference (weekly)
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Journal club (weekly)
- OSU/Nationwide Children’s/OSU Veterinary Medicine Sarcoma Journal Club (monthly)
Research RequirementResearch is an important component of the Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship. Each fellow is required to complete, present and submit a book chapter or case report for publication in a peer-reviewed journal prior to completion of the fellowship. In addition, the fellow will collaborate on ongoing research projects underway in the division. Research projects are presented at the annual Mallory-Coleman Research Day. Ample time is provided to the fellow throughout the program to complete the project.
Applications for fellowship are accepted through the SF Match. Applications are reviewed by the selection committee and are selected on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities.
Application deadline: November 1, 2019