ConferencesThe fellow will participate in the educational activities of the Department of Orthopaedics, specifically:
- Department of Orthopaedics Morbidity and Mortality Conference (monthly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Journal Club (monthly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Quality Conferences (quarterly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Visiting Professor programs (quarterly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Mallory-Coleman Research Day (yearly)
- Department of Orthopaedics Michael J. Patzakis Endowed Lectureship (yearly)
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Tumor Board (weekly)
- Musculoskeletal Tumor Indications Conference (weekly)
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Journal club (weekly)
- OSU/Nationwide Children’s/OSU Veterinary Medicine Sarcoma Journal Club (monthly)
Research RequirementResearch is an important component of the Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship. Each fellow is required to complete, present and submit a book chapter or case report for publication in a peer-reviewed journal prior to completion of the fellowship. In addition, the fellow will collaborate on ongoing research projects underway in the division. Research projects are presented at the annual Mallory-Coleman Research Day. Ample time is provided to the fellow throughout the program to complete the project.
The fellowship program participates in the San Francisco Match. One fellowship position is offered through the Match each year. Applications are reviewed by the selection committee and are selected on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities. All applications are reviewed by the Fellowship Selection Committee, which is comprised of faculty members of the spine division. Fellowship positions are offered by the program director based on the outcome of the Match. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply to the fellowship program and are given equal consideration.
Application must include:
- SF Match Fellowship Application with personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE score report (all steps)
- Status Report Form
Application deadline: November 1, 2019
- Start date: August 1, 2021
- End date: July 31, 2022
Applicants selected for interview will be notified by December 13, 2019. Interviews will be held in Columbus, Ohio, on February 28, 2020 and March 6, 2020.
Match results for 2021 positions will be released by the SF Match on April 21, 2020.
For more information, please contact:
Education Program Manager
Department of Orthopaedics
725 Prior Hall
376 W. 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210