What is the step-by-step application process for the MMS program?
Apply to the Graduate School
- Complete the OSU Graduate School online application form.
- Applicants must meet the minimum standards of the graduate program:
- MD or DO degree is required; must be pursuing an approved clinical residency or clinical fellowship
- An earned cumulative grade-point average (GPA) equivalent to at least 3.0 out of 4.0 (or B) in all previous undergraduate and graduate course work
- English proficiency for international applicants and those who have held the status of U.S. permanent resident for less than one year
- Applicants, whose native language is not English, must submit a recent, official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) score. Minimum English proficiency requirements are as follows
- At least 550 on the paper-based (79 on the internet-based) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR
- At least 82 on the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) OR
- At least a 7.0 on the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) exam
- Applicants must submit official transcripts for every university level school attended. Include English translation of any foreign documents. Mailing addresses for transcripts are on the Transcript Request Form.
Three letters of recommendation written on recommenders’ original letterhead stationery, accompanied by completed Ohio State Reference Forms
- One letter from the residency/fellowship program director
- One letter from the trainee’s advisor/research mentor
- One letter from a faculty member
- A statement of intent. This should be one page and highlight why the resident/fellow wants to pursue the degree, research interests, long-term plans, etc.
- Official transcripts for every university level school attended. Include English translation of any foreign documents.
Prior to applying, contact Bianca.Mcarrell@osumc.edu.