Dr. Hewitt is an internationally recognized expert on pediatric and adolescent gynecology, and treats both adult and pediatric patients. She’s a passionate advocate for women and girls of all ages. Dr. Hewitt is committed to educating providers outside of obstetrics and gynecology about why it’s important to consider reproductive health when caring for women and girls. Dr. Hewitt has delivered numerous presentations on pediatric and adolescent gynecology in the U.S. and around the world.
Dr. Hewitt is the president of the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. She is chair of the Committee on Adolescent Health Care for the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She’s also co-chair of the Section of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The reduction of surgical risk factors in girls and women with ovarian neoplasms
- Gynecologic conditions in girls and women with anorectal malformations
- Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency: Georgetown University
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Honors and Awards
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2011-2022
- Best Doctors in America, 2017
- Exceptional Women in Medicine, 2019-2021
- Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology