Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Director, Pediatric Otology and Hearing Program, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
William H. Saunders MD Endowed Professor
- Develop monitoring strategies during cochlear implant electrode insertion using electrocochleography (ECochG) and other electrophysiologic methods.
- Hearing preservation during adult and pediatric cochlear implantation.
- Enhance understanding of the potential benefits of cochlear implantation in candidates with single sided deafness.
- Various topics in the management of pediatric sensorineural hearing loss.
- Imaging in adult and pediatric otologic disorders.
- Intracochlear trauma following cochlear implant electrode implantation.
Undergraduate and Medical School, M.D., August 1993-May 1999
University of Vienna, Austria
Internship, General Surgery, July 1999-June 2000
Military Hospital, Vienna, Austria & General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Residency, Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, July 2000-June 2005
JW Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Fellowship, Neurotology, July 2005-June 2007
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC
Contact InformationEmail: Oliver.Adunka@osumc.edu
Assistant's Email: Laurie.Scott@osumc.edu
Electrocochleography in Cochlear Implantation
Utility of Residual Hearing in the Cochlear Implant Ear
Cochlear Implantation and Single Sided Deafness
- More +
Postoperative Imaging and Cochlear Implantation
Cochlear Implantation during Labyrinthectomy and Translabyrinthine Vestibular Schwannoma Resection
Current Research Support
Awards and Honors