Dana M. Schwartz, MD, is a pediatric surgeon at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in the Division of Pediatric Surgery and an assistant professor of Pediatric Surgery at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. She serves as the associate trauma medical director at Nationwide Children’s, with clinical and research interests in trauma and burn surgery. Dr. Schwartz additionally has a strong clinical interest in pediatric and adolescent surgical oncology, treating pathology such as neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor, sarcoma, ovarian tumors, and melanoma. Further areas of expertise include general pediatric surgery, neonatal surgery, and advanced minimally invasive surgery.
She completed her medical education at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO. She then went on to general surgery residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital and completed pediatric surgery fellowship at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- MD: Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
- Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA
- Research Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA
- Fellowship: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology
- Pediatric Trauma
- Pediatric Burn