Clinical Associate Professor
Hyoshin Kim, PhD, is Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Informatics and a member of the Center for Biostatistics at the Ohio State University. Dr. Kim is a quantitative health-social-behavioral policy researcher and data scientist with over 25 years of extensive experience developing and conducting multidisciplinary research projects in the field of public health using biobehavioral, clinical, and population level applications.
Dr. Kim’s research interests focus on (a) formulating multidisciplinary research questions related to public health and human health behaviors in multiple environmental context; (b) deciding on what data, measures, designs, and analytics methods to employ to provide solutions to those questions; and (c) providing comprehensive resources via data coordinating centers for scientific advance by combining research content, structure, and standards.
PhD, Policy Analysis, Cornell University
Areas of Expertise
- Multidisciplinary public health research project development
- Measurement and research design
- Public health program and policy analysis
- Health services utilization analysis
- Effects of context/environments on health behavior
- Health disparity
- Tobacco and substance use behavior