Director of Clinical Neuropsychology Training, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Assistant Professor-Clinical, Psychiatry
Assistant Professor-Clinical, Psychology
Jointly Appointed in the Department of Neurology
Jointly Appointed in the Department of Psychology (College of Arts and Sciences)
Faculty Affiliate, Chronic Brain Injury
College of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Wexner Medical Center
Behavioral Health Olentangy River Road
3650 Olentangy River Road, Suite 310
Columbus, OH 43214
Cognitive and psychiatric correlates of medical illness including cancer, traumatic brain injury and neurodegenerative disease.
Neuropsychological assessment utilizes a combination of paper and pencil tests, computer tests and specialized stimuli to evaluate cognition. These results are interpreted in the context of the patient’s medical history and relevant clinical data including neuroimaging and medications.
Current Research Projects
Dr. Boxley is involved in ongoing studies in the departments of Neurology and Neurological Surgery, assessing Alzheimer’s, dementia, Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
Feigon, M. Block, C.K., Guidotti Breting, L., Boxley, L., Dawson, E., & Cobia, D. (2017). Work-life integration in clinical neuropsychology: Critical review and practical recommendations. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 13, 1-18.
Boxley, L., Flaherty, J. M., Spencer, R. J., Drag, L. L., Pangilinan, P. H., & Bieliauskas, L. A. (2016). Reliability and factor structure of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale among Veterans suspected of traumatic brain injury. Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development, 53, 873 - 880.
Education and Training
PhD: Clinical Psychology, Loma Linda University
Residency: Clinical Psychology Internship: Veterans Health Administration Ann Arbor
Fellowship: Neuropsychology, University of Michigan/Veterans Health Administration Ann Arbor
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Neuropsychology Review
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, The Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Rehabilitation Psychology
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Cognition, Aging, and Neuropsychology
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
- Society for Clinical Neuropsychology (SCN), Division 40 of the American Psychological Association.
- International Neuropsychological Society
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Sports Neuropsychology Society
Academic and Clinical Services
- Academic Teaching, Director of Clinical Neuropsychology Training, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, 2014-Present
- Clinical Neuroscience Rotation Faculty, Neuropsychiatry Residency Program, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, 2014-Present