Hal Paz, MD
Letter from Dean K. Craig Kent
It’s just the right time to be at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. We are busy, innovative and rapidly growing – and large – with 2,500 students (850 in medicine), 2,100 faculty, including 1,600 physicians and scientists at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and 500 at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. We are the only academic medical center in central Ohio and beyond, serving a population of more than 2 million. As I reflect on our accomplishments this past year, I’m in awe.
2019 HighlightsReview exciting highlights from The Ohio State University College of Medicine in 2019 and see why the future of medicine is at Ohio State.
College of Medicine at a Glance
- $269M in total research funding
- #2 rank in the nation for highest percentage of African American students
- 38.1% increase in NIH funding
- 10,000+ total transplants performed
- $3B in capital improvements planned