The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Comprehensive Transplant Center provides transplant-focused continuing education to any interested healthcare providers. Offerings include grand rounds and Lunch and Learns and we cover topics such as thoracic and abdominal transplants, transplant issues and trends.
Comprehensive Transplant Center Grand Rounds
Comprehensive Transplant Center (CTC) Grand Rounds are currently held September thru May on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. on the medical center campus. Presentations highlight thoracic and abdominal transplant topics, transplant issues and trends. Speakers from outside The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are also invited to present.Goals of CTC Grand Rounds include:
- Build collaboration between transplant team members and other hospital staff
- Provide trending transplant-focused information in a timely manner
- Serve as an additional pathway to provide updates in regulatory changes related to transplant
No registration is required to attend. Presentation topics, speakers and room locations can also be found on ccme.osu.edu. CME credit is provided for presentations.
For CTC Grand Grounds presentations and/or topic suggestions, contact Heidi.Erb@osumc.edu.
Upcoming CTC Grand Rounds
- 09/14/2021: Transplant Year in Review | Ken Washburn, MD
- 09/21/2021: Enhancing Evaluation of Living Kidney Donors: The Road to a Paradigm Shift | Christina Kline, MD – Medical Director, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant (Piedmont Transplant Institute – Atlanta, GA)
- 09/28/2021: Topic: Mechanical Cardiac Support | Asvin Ganapathi, MD
- 10/05/2021: Living Donor Kidney Transplant: What You Need to Know | Reem Daloul, MD
- 10/12/2021: Topic: Dodd Hall Services | Brian McMichael, MD
- 10/19/2021: CTC Human Tissue Biorepository Update | Brenda Reader Cuson, PhD, MBA
- 10/26/2021: Topic: OSUWMC Space & Facility Planning | Frank Aucremanne
- 11/02/2021: Topic: Skilled Nursing Facility Relationships | Rachit Thariani, Melissa Hunt
- 11/09/2021: Topic: OPO | Dorrie Dils, MHA – Gift of Life Michigan
- 11/16/2021: Cytomegalovirus in Renal Transplantation | Masako Shimamura, MD – Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- 11/23/2021: NO EVENT – Holiday
- 11/30/2021: TBA
- 12/07/2021: TBA
- 12/14/2021: Updates in Kidney Allocation: Impact on Transplantation | Richard Formica, MD – Professor of Medicine (Nephrology) and Professor of Surgery (Transplant); Director of Transplant Medicine, Internal Medicine; Director Outpatient Transplantation Service; Medical Director, Adult Kidney Transplantation (Yale University School of Medicine – New Haven, CT)
PLEASE NOTE: Grand Rounds will be held virtually, via Microsoft TEAMS, until further notice.