The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Comprehensive Transplant Center provides transplant-focused continuing education to any interested healthcare providers. Offerings include grand rounds and Lunch and Learns and we cover topics such as thoracic and abdominal transplants, transplant issues and trends.
Comprehensive Transplant Center Grand Rounds
Comprehensive Transplant Center (CTC) Grand Rounds are currently held September thru May on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. on the medical center campus. Presentations highlight thoracic and abdominal transplant topics, transplant issues and trends. Speakers from outside The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are also invited to present.Goals of CTC Grand Rounds include:
- Build collaboration between transplant team members and other hospital staff
- Provide trending transplant-focused information in a timely manner
- Serve as an additional pathway to provide updates in regulatory changes related to transplant
No registration is required to attend. Presentation topics, speakers and room locations can also be found on ccme.osu.edu. CME credit is provided for presentations.
Upcoming CTC Grand Rounds
Mark your calendars for 2021 Grand Rounds, beginning Feb. 16 and continuing through May 18.
- 02/16/2021: Maximizing Donation During Changing Times | Andrew Mullins – Lifeline of Ohio
- 02/23/2021: Belatacept – Origins, Utility & Current Role | Karen Flores, MD
- 03/02/2021: Topic: Heart | Matthew Henn, MD
- 03/09/2021: Topic: ORT Process | Organ Recovery Team
- 03/16/2021: Association of Grip Strength & Walking Speed with Solid Organ Transplant | Terri Miller, APRN-CNP
- 03/23/2021: Topic: Liver | Ashley Limkemann, MD
- 03/30/2021: Role of Bariatric Surgery in Transplant Candidates and Post-Transplant Patients | Stacy Brethauer, MD
- 04/06/2021: Living Donation: Psychosocial Considerations for Non-Directed & Young Donors | Kristin Kuntz, PhD0
- 04/13/2021: Cytomegalovirus Infection: The Achilles ‘s Heel of Transplantation | Zeinab El-Boghdadly, MBBCh
- 04/20/2021: Skin Disease in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients | Brittany Dulmage, MD
- 04/27/2021: From Antigen to Epitope Matching in SOT – Are We There Yet? | Hemant Parekh, PhD
05/04/2021: The Role of Bariatric Surgery in Transplant Candidates and Post-Transplant Patients | Stacy Brethauer, MD
- 05/11/2021: This and That and the HLA Kitchen Sink - KPD, Transplanting Highly Sensitized Patients and UNOS Updates | Cathi Murphey Half, PhD – Director, Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics Laboratory (Southwest Immunodiagnostics, Inc.)
- 05/18/2021: Textbook Outcomes in Solid Organ Transplantation | Austin Schenk, MD, PhD
PLEASE NOTE: Grand Rounds will be held via Webex (NOT in person) until further notice.