Ohio State College of Medicine Application Timeline
2022-2023 Admissions cycle
Interview season: September 2022-March 2023
Primary application deadline: November 1
Secondary application deadline: December 15
Final MCAT administration date accepted: September 2022
Admission decisions announced: Beginning Oct 15, 2022 then every 2 weeks
AAMC “Plan to Enroll” choice becomes available for accepted students: February 19, 2023
- If you are an accepted applicant, you may select “Plan to Enroll” in the AMCAS application. According to our school procedures, policies, and requirements, if your first choice is The Ohio State University College of Medicine, you are required to indicate so via “Plan to Enroll” by April 30. You are encouraged to indicate your status as soon as possible.
Accepted students narrow offers to three medical schools (if applicable): April 15
- After this date, per AAMC Acceptance Protocols, you are required to hold no more than three acceptances. However, you can continue to remain on alternate lists.
AAMC “Commit to Enroll” choice becomes available for accepted students: April 30 | MD "Commit to Enroll" deadline July 18
- Beginning April 30, you will have two options to select -- “Plan to Enroll” and “Commit to Enroll.” By selecting “Commit to Enroll,” you indicate that you have made a final decision and, at this point, you are expected to withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools. If Ohio State is your first choice, we ask that you indicate this action as soon as possible. This confirms that you have made your final decision, you are holding acceptance to The Ohio State University College of Medicine, and you have withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions.
- Acceptances after April 30, per our school specific procedures, policies, and requirements, if you are holding a seat in our class and receive another acceptance offer after April 30th and prior to the July 18th deadline for the MD program (PCT- June 27, MSTP - May TBD) you must notify us via email within 24 hours at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal Process – Accepted students are expected to notify us via email anytime during the application process of their decision to matriculate in another medical school by email at email@example.com.
- You will have two business days to respond to an acceptance offer from Ohio State between May 15 - June 30. We will not offer seats to any of our waitlist candidates if they have begun a prematriculation program, attended orientation, enrolled in classes at another medical school, or have selected "Commit to Enroll” at another medical school.
Look up the status of your application: Applicants may view the status of their application anytime via your status page.
Scores will be accepted from tests three years prior to application. For the class entering medical school in 2023, scores will be accepted from tests taken in January 2019 through September 2022.
A valid MCAT score is required to receive a secondary at The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
Financial Aid Deadlines
Medical students who are interested in taking federal students loans need to start by filing the FAFSA. The medical school shares a federal Department of Education code with the main university. Financial Aid Awards are processed through the central Financial Aid Office. Medical students are considered part of the Graduate/Professional student population and will follow the policies, procedures, and timeline for this cohort.
Students who wish to be considered for scholarships available through the university should complete the general university scholarship application. These scholarship opportunities are open to continuing students as well as newly admitted students. The scholarship application opens early in the spring semester each year. Students are encouraged to pay close attention to announcements that go out concerning deadlines for scholarship applications.
For rising Med 2s, 3s, and 4s the College of Medicine Scholarship Application is available during the spring semester through Vitals. This application process is open to current students in the MD program only. Newly admitted incoming 1st year students are considered for scholarship separately and should not complete the survey for continuing students' scholarships.