Postdoctoral positions at Ohio State's College of Medicine
Many open postdoctoral positions at The Ohio State University are listed on the Wexner Medical Center Careers site while positions located outside of the medical center are listed on the Ohio State Careers site. Certain positions may be advertised in journals or on other sites as well. Additionally, many individual faculty members may be hiring, so please feel free to inquire with them directly.
Why choose Ohio State for postdoctoral training
Postdocs who join the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center become connected to a leading academic medical center and to one of the nation's top public research universities. In these settings, postdocs are well-positioned to make significant basic, translational, and clinical research discoveries. Here are just a handful of the many reasons to consider the Ohio State Medical Center for your postdoctoral training:
- The medical center is located on the grounds of the university, making it easy for postdocs to take advantage of all that the medical center and The Ohio State University have to offer -- professionally, socially, and personally.
- Ohio State researchers have access to excellent research facilities in the medical center and across the university campus, including research core facilities, major research centers and institutes, and a new, state-of-the-art, ten-story Biomedical Research Tower that nearly doubles the amount of biomedical research space on Ohio State's campus.
- Outstanding faculty researchers are located throughout the medical center, including those leading research teams in the key medical center signature programs of Cancer, Critical Care, Heart, Imaging, Neurosciences, and Transplantation.
- Columbus is a thriving Midwestern city with loads of attractions, amenities, and diversity -- all with an affordable cost of living.
- The Office of Postdoctoral Research is dedicated to helping postdocs maximize this pivotal stage of their career development through our events, opportunities and services.
Ohio State values its role in training and working with scholars from around the globe and is truly an international university. The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is the central university office for postdocs who are foreign nationals. OIA handles immigration issues, helps new students and scholars acclimate to the university and the city, and coordinates programs for those coming from abroad to train at Ohio State.