The Research Information Technology (RIT) department within the College of Medicine provides world-class infrastructure to advance biomedical research in the health sciences colleges. Created through the partnership of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and The Ohio State University Center for Clinical and Translational Science, RIT empowers the Ohio State research community to focus on the most difficult and impactful research agendas in the world by providing cutting-edge data collection, data science, design, development and informatics resources.
RIT’s work increases:
- Biomedical breakthroughs and research that translates into health care solutions
- Extramural funding for health sciences research
- Interdisciplinary biomedical research space and infrastructure capacity
- Strategic partnerships within faculty research portfolios
The Ohio State University Health Sciences campus provides a research technology infrastructure to support discovery as both an experimental and experiential laboratory to advance biomedical discovery.
Working in concert with researchers across our campus, our mission is to put technology in the effective service of conducting research at Ohio State to save and improve lives.
Our intention is no less than to transform how our research is supported and advanced by our infrastructure, increasing its quality, scale, flexibility and responsiveness. We aim to transform the relationship between IT and the research community, acting as a trusted partner to both. Finally, we will work to advance the operational and translational efficacy of our research through improving the practical efficacy of our IT infrastructure.
All of our initiatives advance the medical center’s strategic plan:
- Become a national leader in biomedical breakthroughs and translating research into health care solutions.
- Significantly increase extramural funding for health sciences research.
- Recruit and retain the nation’s best scientists and physician scientists.
- Increase the quantity and quality of interdisciplinary biomedical research space and infrastructure.
- Strengthen basic and translational research programs.
- Build strategic partnerships to enhance the research portfolio.
- Focus on Precision Medicine Research to pinpoint the molecular underpinnings of disease and spur the discovery of novel therapies.
We commit to: being open and honest in our interactions with the research community and with IT.
We will: work to identify and clearly communicate how our efforts create benefits, as well as costs, toward empowering researchers to make informed choices.
We commit to: working diligently to maximize benefits, minimize costs and respond to feedback.
We will: focus our efforts to prioritize effectiveness in supporting discovery.
We commit to: embracing a robust and researcher-centric communication structure and strategy.
We will: actively engage the research community and IT, and we will embrace platforms and processes that improve shared understanding to advance research.
We commit to: working to developing and deploying infrastructure to support discovery, including through collaboration and partnership.
We will: reach across the university and beyond to identify and leverage opportunities to expand and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of technology services for research.