Counseling and Consultation Services (CCS)
The main counseling center on campus. Comprehensive individual and group mental health services, psychoeducational prevention and outreach programming. Among other areas, their services address stress management, anxiety, depression, relationship problems, transitions in life, identity exploration, substance use, eating concerns, feeling overwhelmed and academic adjustment. CCS staff offer therapy in numerous languages.
College of Medicine Mental Health Counseling Services
Counseling and consultation services are available to all students currently enrolled in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences and the College of Medicine. These services include: Individual therapy, group therapy, and general mental health consultation. *COVID19 NOTICE: For now, they will be offering mental/emotional support groups for students virtually through Zoom to comply with university policy regarding COVID-19 safety measures. *
Student Wellness Center
Resources support nine dimensions of wellness including: emotional, career, social spiritual, physical, financial, intellectual, creative and environmental wellness.
Buckeye Wellness is part of the university-wide health and wellness initiative striving to make Ohio State the healthiest campus in the world. Under the leadership and direction of Chief Wellness Officer and Vice President of Health Promotion Bernadette Melnyk, Buckeye Wellness provides innovative and evidence-based programs to help individuals optimize their well-being, based on the nine dimensions of wellness. We’re working diligently to make healthy choices easier for faculty, staff and students — through awareness and education, programs, activities and events.
Wilce Student Health Center
Provides health services to students. A good option for those seeking medication for mental health challenges.
Provides a number of coaching, computer-mediated learning and group activity services to teach and research the efficacy of stress management and resiliency skills. Offers individual and group biofeedback, meditation training, a student relaxation group and a veterans relaxation group.
Office of Student Life Disability Services
Register a documented disability (including mental health diagnoses) with ODS to receive accommodations and services.
Some other services on campus which sometimes overlap with mental health include:
Career Counseling and Support Services
Provides career counseling to all Ohio State students (choosing a major, processing career issues, resumes, cover letters, interviewing).
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Initiatives in support of ODI Scholars and students from underrepresented groups focusing on retention, community building and academic success.
Dennis Learning Center
The Dennis Learning Center (DLC) draws upon the skills and insights of a team of faculty, staff, lecturers, graduate students, and undergraduate students. We support the academic success of all Ohio State students through elective courses, individual academic coaching, group workshops and scientific research. In addition, we collaborate with other units to design and implement custom programs. Our many services draw upon and contribute to the theoretical and applied understanding of college students’ learning, motivation, and well-being.
Student Life Multicultural Center
The MCC offers several hundred programs a year - cultural and intercultural celebrations, heritage and awareness events, dialogues, workshops, student leadership and cohort meetings, prejudice-reduction training, wellness initiatives and Social Justice Engagement course
Office of International Affairs (OIA)
International Student Information, Global Engagement nights, English Conversation Program (ECP) and academic and professional growth workshops.
Student-Athlete Support Services (SASSO)
Resources for student-athletes.
First Generation Student Information
Advice and guidance to help navigate campus, ways to get involved and mentoring opportunities.
Student Advocacy Center
Helps students navigate Ohio State’s structure and resolve issues that students may encounter at the university.
- This one’s a pretty good option if your situation is complex or you’re just not sure who to ask. Their job is to help bridge the gap between all of these services and advocate for you, the student, in a complex environment.
Student Legal Services
A non-profit law office that provides legal advice, representation, education, and resources to Ohio State students regarding the legal issues students typically face. Can assist with civil, traffic, and criminal violations.
Resources summary page
Wellness and Fitness resources
Student Mental Health Resources offered by the Chief Wellness Officer
Completion of any of the listings below results in entry to a raffle for a one-month free subscription to Hello Fresh or one-year subscription to Peloton App. All resources below can be found at https://wellness.osu.edu/chief-wellness-officer/student-mental-health.
- MINDSTRONG - If you need to build coping skills and improve your resiliency to help you deal with stress, anxiety or depressed mood, MINDSTRONG™ is for you. Nearly 20 different research studies show that this evidence-based, cognitive-behavioral skills-building program can help reduce stress, anxiety and depression while improving healthy lifestyle behaviors. This program consists of seven 45-minute sessions. https://nursing.osu.edu/offices-and-initiatives/mindstrongtmmindbodystrongtm/mindstrong
- Health Athlete - The Health Athlete program emphasizes energy management through a comprehensive examination of goals and values in relation to spiritual purpose, mental, emotional and physical development. Health Athlete helps individuals maximize energy and improve wellbeing, by fueling higher performance and inspiring purposeful living. Individuals who attend Health Athlete leave the program with the tools to increase their confidence and ability to engage in healthy lifestyle behaviors that will lead to improved health outcomes. https://healthathlete.osu.edu/
- Participate in Research - Optimal health and wellness is important for successful academic performance and positive health outcomes throughout our life. Our online Personal Wellness Assessment will focus on perceived stress, anxiety, depression, burnout, healthy lifestyle beliefs, healthy lifestyle behaviors and overall wellness. The entire assessment and demographics survey will take no more than 15 minutes to complete.
- Mental Health First Aid Virtual Training - Mental Health First Aid is a course that teaches you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial help and support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem or experiencing a crisis. This program is offered as a virtual 5-hour course with about 2 hours of pre-work to complete ahead of your training session.
- Telehealth Wellness Hub - This hub will guide undergraduate or graduate/professional students on all of Ohio State’s campuses across the state through an interactive, comprehensive total health and well-being assessment. For successfully completing the 30-minute assessment, you will receive a comprehensive list of wellness resources available to Ohio State students and suggestions for additional CARES activities. During your assessment, you will also be invited to participate in CALM Wellness Coaching Sessions with one of our nursing students.
Miscellaneous Mental Wellness Resources
Integrative Medicine at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Mindfulness Practices at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Relaxation Response at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Mind-Body Stream Online Skills Training at Ohio State Center for Integrative Health and Wellness
Guided Imagery Practices at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Ohio State Stress Relief Phone App
Healthy Sleep Habits
Call 911 if you are in immediate physical danger
- Local 24/7 Suicide Prevention Lifeline 614-221-5445
- National 24/7 Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line 800-273-8255, press 1 or text 838255
- Crisis Text Line Text “HOPE” to 741741
- OSU Counseling and Consultation Service 614-292-5766
Join us for Wellness Week