Students who have reviewed the information about the major, verified their eligibility, and determined that the major is a good fit for their academic and career goals are encouraged to apply for admission to the Biomedical Science major. The application deadline for autumn admission is November 30.
Annual Reports Highlights and celebrates the accomplishments of our current students and alumni.
Prior to senior year of high school
- Review the Biomedical Science major website to learn about the undergraduate major.
- Attend a campus visit coordinated by Undergraduate Admissions and participate in a Biomedical Science information session.
September-October of senior year of high school
- Save and review the application instructions for the Biomedical Science major.
- Submit the Common Application for freshman admission to Ohio State by November 15 (early action deadline).
- Submit the online Biomedical Science Major Application by November 30.
- Check your email for messages about your standing in the Biomedical Science admission process. Competitive applicants are interviewed for the major and will be contacted via email.
- If offered an interview, begin preparing for the interview. Questions that are asked on the Common Application and Biomedical Science Major Application are important and may be discussed in the interview. Review the Preparing for the Biomedical Science Interview information.
- If invited, participate in an interview for the Biomedical Science major. (Interview dates for 2021 are February 5, 12, 19, and 26). A typical interview begins at 8:30 a.m. and concludes around 1:30 p.m.
- Conduct informational interviews (PDF) and job shadowing (PDF) with professionals in healthcare field. Continue to consider if medicine and research is a career you wish to pursue.
- Final admissions decisions are communicated to students in March. Typically, communication with students is done via email.
- Consider your options. Students who are admitted to the Biomedical Science major have likely been offered admission to several other colleges/universities. Determine if Biomedical Science is the right major for you.
- Communicate with the Biomedical Science Program Manager and with Undergraduate Admissions about your final decision to accept freshman admission to Ohio State by May 1.
- Graduate from high school.
- Enjoy your summer.
- Attend freshman orientation.