All of our trainees are bound by Medical Staff policies and procedures. This includes completing and passing an initial drug screening and background check prior to employment.
If your drug test is positive for any of the tested substances listed below you must have a physician’s prescription for that substance and you need to provide notification of such prior to testing. If you screen positive and do not provide this documentation, your contract and our commitment to accept you as a trainee will be immediately void.
|Cocaine and metabolites||Methadone|
***Additional Notation about Marijuana: Several states have legalized medical and/or recreational marijuana use. The OSUWMC will continue to consider a positive test for marijuana/cannabinoids without a physician’s written direction as a positive drug test. Dilute urine specimens may also be considered positive tests and repeated. Marijuana with occasional use/exposure can cause a positive drug screen for 4-6 weeks (even longer with more frequent use/exposure or with certain body characteristics).
All matches are contingent upon successful completion of required background checks. It is a policy of the medical center to conduct a criminal background investigation in order to safeguard against the potential of hiring providers who may pose a threat to the safety and well-being of patients, visitors, and staff.
- You will need to provide fingerprints to the OSUWMC Security Department.
- Background checks are completed through the State of Ohio and the FBI.
- The background investigation report is sent to Human Resources once the applicant has been cleared. If a problem is noted, the issue is investigated by the Risk Management Department and they review the concern with the applicant and with the internship program.
- All issues arising from not successfully passing the background check are handled on a case-by-case basis. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- All information contained in the background investigation is considered confidential.