Current Research Scholars are expected to:
- Attend a Medical Student Research Orientation Session (check out our events page for upcoming dates)
- Submit approved IRB or IACUC protocols or justification from the faculty mentor that such protocols are unnecessary for the funded project. Please check with the MDSR office to see find out protocol deadline.
- Submit a final research report
- Present a poster at the Annual Medical Student Research Symposium
- An evaluation of the research experience
- Submit an annual research productivity report
If there is a change to your project or an extension is necessary a change in project form must be submitted prior to the final report deadline
Check out the Medical Student Research Scholarship Requirements (PDF)
When will the mandatory orientation/kickoff be?
How do I know if I need IRB or IACUC approval?
Where do I send my IRB/IACUC approved protocol?
My project has been denied by the IRB, now what?
My project has changed from my original proposal/I need an extension on submitting my final report?
Final Report Questions