Pelotonia Medical Student Research Fellowship Program
The Pelotonia Medical Student Research Fellowship Program provides one-year research fellowships for up to two Ohio State University medical students each year who want to help cure cancer. These awards are available to medical students for medical research performed under the guidance of the faculty of the College of Medicine.
Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship
The Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship provides an opportunity for students to conduct supported research for a continual period for clinical investigation, basic laboratory research, social science/health services research, leadership or professionalism. One candidate from each school with an active Alpha Omega Alpha chapter may be nominated.
Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship
- Research support for a continuous period of a minimum of 8-10 weeks, 30 hrs/week, or an average of 4 hrs/wk for 12 months over 1-2 years.
- Supports clinical investigation, basic laboratory research, epidemiology, social science/health services research, leadership or professionalism.
- Students DO NOT have to be AOA members in order to apply. All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year medical students are eligible to apply. (PhD or MD/PhD candidates are NOT eligible)
- The award is $5,000, one half paid on the announcement of the award, one half on approval of a final report. Up to an additional $1,000 reimbursed for travel to present on research at a national meeting.
- OSU students submit their application to the OSU chapter of AOA, and then the committee selects one application to send to the national office for consideration. 50 Fellowships are granted nationwide.
- Applications must include a 4 page summary of the proposed research project, project bibliography, the applicants' CV, a letter of support from the faculty supervisor, the mentor's biographical sketch, and the completed application form with checklists.
- Date of award announcement: April 16, 2018.
- More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, all application information may be found at www.alphaomegaalpha.org/student_research.html
TL1 Mentored Clinical Research Training Program (CCTS-TL1)
Medical students are encouraged to apply for National Institutes of Health (NIH) sponsored TL1 Mentored Clinical Research Training Program (CCTS-TL1), offered through the OSU Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS). The CCTS-TL1 program is part of a comprehensive program at OSU to advance research education and training in multidisciplinary clinical and translational investigation targeted at the improvement of human health. Medical students are eligible and encouraged to apply. Visit the CCTS TL1 award website for more information.
College of Medicine MDSR Scholarship
Medical student research scholarships support medical research to be performed at Ohio State under the mentorship of College of Medicine appointed faculty. These scholarships are awarded through an annual competitive application process. Students may pursue full-time research (40 hours per week) or part-time year-long research during their curriculum, as approved by their Academic Program Director. They may also apply to the Associate Dean for Medical Education or the Associate Dean for Student Life for a year-long leave of absence to pursue research for up to one year. The MDSR scholarships are funded through the Samuel J. Roessler Memorial Medical Scholarship Fund, the Banes & Bennett Memorial Scholarships and the Watts Mount Medical Research Scholarship