Current Research Scholars are expected to:
- Attend a Medical Student Research Orientation Session (check out our events page for upcoming dates)
- Submit approved IRB or IACUC protocols or justification from the faculty mentor that such protocols are unnecessary for the funded project. Please check with the MDSR office to see find out protocol deadline.
- Submit a final research report
- Present a poster at the Annual Medical Student Research Symposium
- An evaluation of the research experience
- Submit an annual research productivity report
If there is a change to your project or an extension is necessary a change in project form must be submitted prior to the final report deadline
Download the 2021 MDSR Scholars Requirements
Resources for Current Scholars
- 2021 Kickoff Event
- IHIS for MDSR scholars via Horizon
- Remote Research Education Plan
- Submit your 1-3 page summary and or quiz scores below.
- Complete the Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research (IPPCR) Course by Aug. 1st, 2021
Clinical Research Ethics
- What makes Clinical Research Ethical?
Conduct of Retrospective Chart Reviews with Scientific Rigor
- Data Science: R Basics - Build a foundation in R and learn how to wrangle, analyze, and visualize data. https://www.edx.org/course/data-science-r-basics
- https://biostats4you.umn.edu/ - Statistical resources for non-statisticians.
When will the mandatory orientation/kickoff be?
How do I know if I need IRB or IACUC approval?
Where do I send my IRB/IACUC approved protocol?
My project has been denied by the IRB, now what?
My project has changed from my original proposal/I need an extension on submitting my final report?
Final Report Questions