Current Research Scholars are expected to:
- Attend a Medical Student Research Orientation Session (check out our calendar of events page for upcoming dates)
- Submit approved IRB or IACUC protocols or justification from the faculty mentor that such protocols are unnecessary for the funded project. Please check with the MDSR office to see find out protocol deadline.
- Submit a final research report
- Present a poster at the Annual Medical Student Research Symposium
- An evaluation of the research experience
- Submit an annual research productivity report
If there is a change to your project or an extension is necessary a change in project form must be submitted prior to the final report deadline
Resources for Current Scholars
- IHIS for MDSR scholars via Horizon
- Submit Compliance documentation
- Download the MDSR Scholarship Requirements
Submit your 1–3-page summary and or outcome page including quiz scores with MDSR checkpoints and final report.
1. All MDSR Scholars Complete longitudinal on-line learning below:
- Complete the Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research (IPPCR) Course by Aug.1st deadline.
2. from the on-line learning modules from the 8 different categories listed below:
Clinical Research Ethics
- What makes Clinical Research Ethical?
- Human Subjects Research 101
Conduct of Retrospective Chart Reviews with Scientific Rigor
- The retrospective chart review: important methodological consideration & https://ccts.osu.edu/content/study-design & Human Subjects Research 101
Biostatistics (can pick one or both learning modules)
MDSR Laboratory Immunology
- This course is taught by Michael Root MD PhD, in the department of Microbial Infection and Immunity, modeling it after a course he teaches for Masters level students. In this course, students will work through an abbreviated viral transfection experiment that will be taught in real-time and Dr. Root will guide the students on analysis and interpretation of their data. Course limit 10 students. Intended for students who are in the laboratory setting. Submit an application here.
When will the mandatory orientation/kickoff be?
How do I know if I need IRB or IACUC approval?
Where do I send my IRB/IACUC approved protocol?
My project has been denied by the IRB, now what?
My project has changed from my original proposal/I need an extension on submitting my final report?
Final Report Questions