How to Apply
To apply for a residency position, all applicants must use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Application must include:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter from your medical institution
- Medical School Transcript
- One (1) Emergency Medicine Standardized Letter of Evaluation (SLOE) from a faculty group familiar with your clinical performance during an EM rotation is highly preferred. The SLOE may also be from an EM physician who is familiar with your performance.
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores
- Recent photograph (for identification purposes only)
- Application deadline (for ERAS applicants): December 15
- Application deadline (for OEM Military applicants): September 4
International Medical Graduates
The Interview Process
OSUWMC's Initial and "For Cause" Drug Screening Policy
All residents and fellows at OSUWMC are considered "Limited Medical Staff." As such, they are bound by medical staff policies and procedures. All residents and fellows must complete initial drug screening before credentialing can occur (spring). If the credentialing screening drug test is positive for any of the tested substances without a physician's prescription for that substance, and notification of such prior to testing, the resident's/fellow's contract and any commitment to accept the trainee will immediately be void until he/she successfully completes a substance use assessment and/or treatment at an Ohio State Medical Board approved treatment site.
- Cocaine and metabolites
- Phencyclidine (PCP)