Transforming healthcare by leading the way in collaboration, innovation, and excellence in patient-centered imaging
As a sub-specialized Department of Radiology in a leading-edge academic medical center and university, we are able to provide excellent image-guided diagnoses and interventions for patients and corresponding educational experiences for all levels of trainees. The unique strengths of the department in basic and applied imaging research and development keep the clinical and educational programs of the department and imaging program focused on future leading-edge applications.
Underlying the academic mission of the Department of Radiology is a visionary and diverse investigative portfolio that includes:
- Fundamental clinical imaging at Wright Center of Innovation
- Imaging artificial intelligence algorithm development and implementation by the Division of Medical Imaging Informatics
- The study of cancer prevention at the molecular-level by the Section of Radiobiology
- Development of high-resolution MR elastography of cardiovascular tissues
- Multi-energy CT characterization of joint diseases
- Exploration and implementation of advanced Interventional Oncology procedures
These initiatives allow us to leverage state-of-the-art resources and services to develop innovative breakthroughs that benefit local, state, national, and global communities in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of diseases.