- Medical Scientist Training Program
- Message from MSTP Leadership
- MSTP Admissions
- MSTP Curriculum
- For Current Students
- Our Student Outcomes
- For Our Mentors
- Our People
NCH will provide tuition/fees and stipend for one rising Med3 and one rising Med4 on an annual basis.
- Travel award for use at a scientific meeting as Med3 or Med4
- Featured research presentation to NCH faculty and trainees
- Interact with NCH residency program leadership to discuss physician-scientist training pathways
- Students who plan on careers in pediatrics will form the pool of eligible candidates. This includes those contemplating careers in surgical or other subspecialties involving care of the pediatric patient.
- Students will be eligible for consideration regardless of where their PhD research was performed (i.e., whether at AWRI, OSU medical campus, or otherwise).
- One rising Med 3 and rising Med 4 will be selected each year.
- Students selected for their Med3 year will be eligible to recompete for their Med4 year.
Goals of the Scholarship:
- Contribute to development of pediatric physician-scientists
- Build an internal pipeline of candidates for research pathways during pediatric residency and fellowship
- Further integrate MSTP between OSU Main Campus and NCH
- Provide OSU with a potential advantage in recruiting the best students with an interest in pediatrics
Application Materials (sent to Faculty Contact: M. Brian Becknell, MD, PhD | Brian.Becknell2@nationwidechildrens.org)
- Applicant provides the following information via email, no later than December7 prior to theapplicant’s Med 3 or Med 4 year, to the NCH Pediatrics Scholarship faculty contact:
- Statement of interest (1 page) that delineates how the applicant plans to combine research and clinical interests into a career as a productive physician scientist in the realm of pediatrics.
- Letter of support from PhD Advisor
2023 NCH & MSTP Pediatric Physician Scientist Scholar