The Office of Research Education's Medical Student Research Program aims to connect interested Medical Students to basic, clinical, and translational research, mentors, and funding opportunities.
Calendar of Events
The Medical Student Research Program, in conjunction with the College of Medicine and the Landacre Research Honor Society, strive to host a variety of events that initiate and enhance quality research experiences. During each academic year, these recurring events highlight research, funding and educational training:
August, 2020; Prerecorded session
- COM Medical Student Orientation “Research Opportunities”
Aug. 17, 2020; 11 - 12 p.m.,via Zoom
- Career Development: Research in Medical Careers
Aug. 27, 2020; 9 -10 a.m.,via Zoom
- Evidence Based Inquiry & Research Learning Objectives
Sept. 18, 2020; LSI Module
- Exploring Medical Research in the Summer Introduction to Medical Student Research Opportunities & How to Prepare a Competitive Research Proposal
October, TBD; 2020
- 2020 Dean’s Fall Scholarship Awards Ceremony (Presentation of Awards to Medical Students Recognized for Research Accomplishments)
Oct. 5, 2020; MDSR website
- Applications open to apply for 2021 College of Medicine Medical Student Research Scholarship
- Medical Student Research Opportunities Fair Meet faculty from Ohio State College of Medicine and Nationwide Children's Hospital
Nov. 23, 2020; 1 - 3:00 p.m.,Virtual Event
- Medical Student Research Symposium
Dec. 21, 2020; 5 p.m.
- COM Medical Student Research Scholarship: Phase I Documents Due, 5:00 PM
Jan. 8, 2021; 5 p.m.
- COM Medical Student Research Scholarship: Phase II Documents Due, 5:00 PM
Jan. 22, 2021 – Feb. 5, 2021
April 9, 2021
- College of Medicine Medical Student Research 2021 Scholarship Award Notifications (via email)
April 8, 2021, Biomedical Research Tower
- 2021 OSU COM Trainee Research Day
May 7, 2021; TBD
- Medical Student Summer Research Kickoff (Mandatory of all MDSR Scholarship Recipients)
May 27, 2021; 5 – 8 p.m.
- 2021 Landacre Honor Society Induction Ceremony
News and Awards
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 4 Issue 2
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 4 issue 1
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 3 Issue 2
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 3 Issue 1
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 2 Issue 2
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 2 Issue 1
- MDSR Newsletter Volume 1 Issue 1
MDSR Student Handbook
As a medical student at Ohio State, you will have numerous opportunities to test your interest in biomedical research or contribute to studies conducted by some of the nation’s most respected research scientists. Many of our students perform research with the aid of scholarships and fellowships designed to support their research interests while pursuing a medical degree.