For the 2019-2020 academic year, you will be able to view the catalog and schedule in Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) starting March 1, 2019. We will begin processing applications April 1, 2019. Elective acceptance notifications will be sent beginning May 1, 2019. Please note, we do not offer two week rotations. At this time, we are not accepting applications for international medical students.
Osteopathic Medical Students in good standing who are pursuing a DO degree from a school accredited by the Education Department of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Osteopathic students whose schools are participating in VSAS must submit their applications through VSAS.
US/Canada Visiting Students
The Ohio State University College of Medicine accepts applications for electives through VSAS offered by the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC).
At least 8 WEEKS PRIOR to the start of the rotation submit your application via VSAS.
Applications will be processed in a timely manner beginning April 1, 2019 and notifications will be sent beginning May 1, 2019.
Within 1 WEEK from the date your acceptance notification is sent, you must accept or decline the offer in VSAS.
Within 3-5 days of your acceptance, you will receive a welcome letter via email from the visiting students coordinator. This email will provide further instructions regarding completing assignments before your rotation begins. Be advised, if this information is not received in a timely manner, your rotation slot could be jeopardized.
Within 1 WEEK from receiving the welcome letter, the following items must be received:
- OSU Administrative Processing Fee of $75 (payable by check, written to "The Ohio State University,” and mailed to the address below
- Self-Disclosure Form (complete and upload to VSAS - DO NOT MAIL)
At least 4 WEEKS PRIOR to the start of the rotation, the following items must be received (further instructions included in acceptance email): This documentation should be uploaded into the Supplemental Section of your VSAS application.
- ACLS Card (copy uploaded or verification in VSAS - this may be current or expired)
- OSU HIPAA Assessment (answer pages only)
- Flu Shot Verification (must be from most current immunization season)
- Toxicology Screen 10 Panel (dated within 12 months prior to rotation begin date) for Amphetamines, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Methadone, Opiates, Oxycodone, PCP, Propoxyphene and THC
The Ohio State University College of Medicine
333 W. 10th Ave
1178A Graves Hall
Columbus, OH 43210
P: (614) 292-6192
F: (614) 292-0745