The Division of Women’s and Breast Imaging believes that the highest quality care results from a combination of focused knowledge and a wide breadth of diagnostic and treatment options. To that end, the faculty members of the division utilize both their expertise and the latest imaging technology to support breast care for their patients. Access to a comprehensive offering of breast imaging technologies and services allows the division faculty members to customize care for each patient.
The division primarily focuses on breast imaging, ensuring more accurate interpretations and expertly performed procedures. Available services include:
- Screening and diagnostic mammography (including 3D tomosynthesis)
- Screening (automated whole breast ultrasound) and diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Contrast-enhanced digital mammography
- Image-guided breast and axillary biopsies
- Image-guided wire and radioactive seed localizations
- Breast imaging second opinions
In addition to providing excellent clinical care, the division conducts clinical research in breast imaging and educates trainees at all levels.