About Ohio State's Oncologic Neuroradiology FellowshipThe Division of Neuroradiology in the Department of Radiology at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is offering a second-year non-accredited fellowship position in oncological neuroradiology. This educational program is for the neuroradiologist interested in a comprehensive program of imaging for brain, spine, head and neck tumors. The program takes two fellows per year.
The fellow rotates through rotations dedicated to imaging neoplasms involving the brain, spine and head and neck with a focus on advanced imaging techniques. The fellow will participate in multidisciplinary conferences including weekly brain, spine, skull base, head and neck tumor boards and a monthly pituitary conference.
The fellow will also participate in a weekly case conference. The brain tumor board involves multiple specialists from fields including neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neuropathology and radiation oncology, in addition to neuroradiology. The fellowship also offers experience in advanced imaging techniques such as perfusion, diffusion tensor, functional MRI and spectroscopy. In addition, ample time is offered to pursue multiple research opportunities.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applicants must have completed or be scheduled to complete an ACGME-accredited Diagnostic Radiology residency and fellowship in Neuroradiology prior to their desired start date.
Application must include:
- Fellowship Application
- Personal Statement
- 2x2 headshot photo
- Official USMLE (request through email@example.com) and/or COMLEX scores (request through NBOME)
- Copy of medical school transcript
- Three recent letters of recommendation (within one year) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently accepting applications for one fellow for the 2023-2024 academic year! Interviews will be conducted from October 2021 to March 2022. Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview with the program director, current fellows and other faculty.
The American Board of Radiology and Society of Chairs of Academic Radiology Departments (SCARD) has set the following dates:
- August 1, 2021: first day to accept applications for 2023 appointment
- November 1, 2021: virtual interview period begins
- March 31, 2022: virtual interviews completed
- March 2022 (date TBA by NRMP): match opens
- April 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): ranking opens
- May 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): quota changes deadline
- May 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): ranking closes
- June 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): Match Day
- July 1, 2022: AY2022-2023 Oncologic Neuroradiology Imaging fellowship begins
Please note: All applicants must be a U.S. citizen and must be able to obtain a full and unrestricted license in the state of Ohio prior to starting the fellowship.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the fellowship coordinator:
Matthew C. Lang
Department of Radiology
395 W. 12th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Meet the Program Director:
Hasel Wayne Slone, MD