About Ohio State’s Abdominal Imaging Fellowship
The Abdominal imaging Fellowship Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is committed to providing a balanced educational experience to fellows in every aspect of abdominal and pelvic imaging. Our commitment is demonstrated through our patient care, resident education, academic pursuits in research, and teaching. We provide service to all affiliated hospitals except for Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Our parent institution is the University Hospital, the James Cancer Hospital, and OSU East, Fayetteville Memorial Hospital, Hocking Valley Hospital, while also providing ambulatory outpatient care to Martha Morehouse, OSU East and Lewis Center, Stefanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Center (SSCBC), and Carepoint Gahanna sites.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 academic years!
OverviewUpon completion of the program, fellows will have:
- Advanced knowledge in the imaging principles and physics including radiation biology and safety
- Knowledge in radiographic techniques and their indications including conventional radiography, computed tomography, fluoroscopy, sonography, and MR imaging
- Understanding of radiographic, sonographic, scintigraphy, and cross-sectional imaging evaluation of abdominal and pelvic pathologies
- Ability to perform interventional procedures such as image guided biopsies, drainage procedures, and percutaneous introduction techniques
- Understanding of emergency procedures and their indications and impact
Application must include:
- Fellowship Application (PDF)
- Personal Statement
- Copy of USMLE and/or COMPLEX scores
- Copy of medical school transcript
- Three recent letters of recommendation (within one year)
Please note: All applicants must be a U.S. citizen and must be able to obtain a full and unrestricted license in the state of Ohio prior to starting the fellowship.
Applications should be mailed or emailed to the education program manager, Hannah Nichols.
Fellowship and Faculty Development Program Manager
Department of Radiology
395 W. 12th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Meet the Program Director:
Arpit Nagar, MBBS