About Ohio State’s Abdominal Imaging Fellowship
The Abdominal imaging Fellowship Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is committed to providing a balanced educational experience to fellows in every aspect of abdominal and pelvic imaging. Our commitment is demonstrated through our patient care, resident education, academic pursuits in research, and teaching. We provide service to all affiliated hospitals except for Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Our parent institution is the University Hospital, the James Cancer Hospital, and OSU East, while also providing ambulatory outpatient care to Martha Morehouse, OSU East and Lewis Center, Stefanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Center (SSCBC), and Carepoint Gahanna sites.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic years!
OverviewUpon completion of the program, fellows will have:
- Advanced knowledge in the imaging principles and physics including radiation biology and safety
- Knowledge in radiographic techniques and their indications including conventional radiography, computed tomography, fluoroscopy, sonography, and MR imaging
- Understanding of radiographic, sonographic, scintigraphy, and cross-sectional imaging evaluation of abdominal and pelvic pathologies
- Ability to perform interventional procedures such as image guided biopsies, drainage procedures, and percutaneous introduction techniques
- Understanding of emergency procedures and their indications and impact
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applicants must have completed or be scheduled to complete an ACGME-accredited Diagnostic Radiology residency prior to their desired start date.
Application must include:
- Fellowship Application
- Personal Statement
- 2x2 headshot photo
- Official USMLE (request through firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or COMLEX scores (request through NBOME)
- Copy of medical school transcript
- Three recent letters of recommendation (within one year) emailed to email@example.com
We are currently accepting applications for one fellow for the 2023-2024 academic year! Interviews will be conducted from October 2021 to March 2022. Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview with the program director, current fellows and other faculty.
The American Board of Radiology and Society of Chairs of Academic Radiology Departments (SCARD) has set the following dates:
- August 1, 2021: first day to accept applications for 2023 appointment
- November 1, 2021: virtual interview period begins
- March 31, 2022: virtual interviews completed
- March 2022 (date TBA by NRMP): match opens
- April 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): ranking opens
- May 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): quota changes deadline
- May 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): ranking closes
- June 2022 (official date TBA by NRMP): Match Day
- July 1, 2022: AY2022-2023 Abdominal Imaging fellowship begins
Please note: All applicants must be a U.S. citizen and must be able to obtain a full and unrestricted license in the state of Ohio prior to starting the fellowship.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the fellowship coordinator:
Matthew C. Lang
Department of Radiology
395 W. 12th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Meet the Program Director:
William Bennett, MD