Applications to our residency program are processed through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) using the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) match rules. All applications are reviewed, and if your application meets our selection criteria, you will receive an email inviting you to contact us to schedule your interview. Please contact us if you have questions regarding your application status.
Application must include:
- Common application form
- Three to Four recommendation letters. Suggestions for letters include:
- Internal Medicine Department letter, clerkship director letter or equivalent
- Pediatrics Department letter, clerkship director letter or equivalent
- Letters from two faculty, ideally those able to attest to your skills in pediatrics and/or internal medicine. It is, however, perfectly acceptable to have letters from non-internal medicine, pediatric or combined trained faculty who can attest to the qualities that make you an excellent residency candidate.
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts
- Personal statement
- Graduate of an accredited US or Canadian medical school within the last 5 years
- Naturalized or permanent US citizen
- Passing USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 scores (passing Step 2 CK and CS scores required prior to starting residency).
International medical graduates additional requirements:
- Graduation from medical school within the last 5 years
- Possess a J1 visa and current, valid ECFMG certificate or full unrestricted license to practice medicine in Ohio